Sunday, November 4, 2007

Best of Friends

Best of Friends
© 2007 Martin Liew Photography

I was volunteering at Kampung Senang's 8th Anniversary celebration, as a photographer doing event photography. This is one of the many images I took on 3 November 2007, Saturday. After a nutritious lunch (FYI they were having organic food for lunch), the old folks retired to their own lodgings. As I was mingling around the area, I stopped to view some of the images I took earlier. In that moment, I noticed these 3 persons coming in my direction. Without hestitation, I lifted up my camera, composed and took this shot. It happened so fast that I hardly have enough time to do the essential camera settings, not to mention composition. In a closer look, you'll notice that the friendly and cheerful Filipino was posing for the camera with a Peace hand-sign. Before she was putting them down, I snapped. Though the result is not desireable for me, but I still love this beautiful image.

This is what I called Friendship. I think the man behind her, is visually handicapped. Look at their facial expression. It was that precise moment that I was looking for in such event i.e. friendship, warmth, harmony and happiness.

This image was captured in a wide angle frame and was later cropped in Adobe Photoshop. B&W conversion with basic tweaking on Level and Curve. Basic burning on the fore & background, so as to minimize the messy scene and maximize the focus on the main subject. Captured with my D70s on Tamron 17-35mm @ f5.6, 1/180sec. 'A' mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment