Sunday, January 24, 2010

First Photography Outing in 2010

It's been a long time since I last joined an organized photography outing. This morning marked my first such outing for 2010. Though I have always doing street photorgraphy alone most of the time, it's another kind of experience doing in a group. It's great to know new friends, too.

Location? It's none other than Serangoon Road, Little India. The turn-out was good. There were 10 of us. We met up at Farrer Park MRT Station and started walking towards Kerbau Road area. It was a leisure and fun photo-walk outing where we walked, talked, laughed, ate, drank and of cuz took street pictures along the way.

I wanted to travel light hence I armed myself with Nikon D70s fixed with 18-70 mm kit lens without lens hood. In my usual street photography, I shoot film with either a film SLR or rangefinder camera, and lately with a TLR*.

(*Photos from my TLR street photography will be uploaded soon, along with many other streets photographs. If you want to get the updated blog, you can subscribe via RSS, or email. If you like my blogs, you can join as a follower.)

OK make the jump to view the selected street photographs I took from this outing. Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed taking them.


As usual all my photos are converted to black and white and warm-toned.


Signage Painter



Indian Snack Seller



Agitated Customer



Little Barber Shop



Coconut Drink Seller



Shadows



Buffalo Statue



Conversations



A Cyclist



Drunkard "Butterfly"



Medical & Health Shop

Along the way, we came across a car accident scene. From what we saw, a luxury car drove right into a jewellery shop and hit on the metallic shutter gate. Fortunately no one was hurt.





All photos taken with Nikon D70s | 18-70mm | B&W conversion and warm-toned in Photoshop

No comments:

Post a Comment