Sunday, May 1, 2011

Candy Girl Beauty Shots + 1 More


Hi everyone! First of all, I have to apologize for being absent for almost 2 months since my last blog. I felt bad about it as I was too caught up with some personal strobist projects on fashion shoots and yes, beauty shots as seen on the image above. Which so to speak, I'm gonna talk about it today.

Make the leap and discover the beauty shots inside.





Meet our model, Geraldine. She's young, soft-spoken and photogenic These images are provided by our Makeup Artist, Jessica Joanne Soo who had strongly recommended Geraldine for this beauty shot session. Jessica is a professional Makeup Artist as well as a Image Coach. 

The whole beauty shots experience came about when one of my fellow photographer friends, Calvin Huang from Glamour Wave Photography asked me if I'm keen to join him for this studio session. Well of cuz I said yes! So Calvin  got Jessica to collaborate on this TF session. So we rented a studio near Paya Lebar MRT station, a decent studio with basic studio lighting equipments. OK here comes the lighting part for the top image shown above.


Basically the lighting setup is more like a clamshell style with the super large soft box as the main light positioned about a meter away from the model and pointing about 30 degree downwards right above her head. A smaller size soft box was placed right below it, which is served as a fill light for unwanted shadows under the model's chin. Two more strobes were used as back light, pointing at the white backdrop to create a circle of light with nice graduation of highlights to shadows outwards. Well I would prefer a all-white background for such beauty shots.

We used this lighting setup through out the entire session without playing any other setups. Fortunately we were able to get another makeup look based on a peacock feather color scheme.


Creatively, I like to experiment with different color effects and thought of cross-processing digitally; pretty Lomo-style with high color saturations and colors shifting. I came up with this Cover Girl magazine concept and did this layout on her photo which I want to make it more appealing and interesting. Let me know what you think of this image.


All images featured here are solely copyright of Martin Liew except the images provided by makeup artist Jessica. All rights reserved. No images shall be used without my prior knowledge and permission. Thank you for reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment