Saturday, January 14, 2017

Street Photo - Singularity


I walked past an underpass entrance this morning and saw this beautiful morning light that hit on the glass shield and escalator with casted trees shadow. Then this old man came by...

...and I was fortunate enough to capture this decisive moment with my Apple iPhone 6 Plus. This dramatic lighting scene called for a strong black & white photo. I really love how the warm light hit on the old man creating such nice rim light along with his gaze and body gesture.

Here's the contact sheet on the number of shots I made just to work around to get the right one. There's another potential shot shown below but somehow the old man almost got obscured by the morning light and moulded glass shield on the foreground. Well I'd probably throw out a poll on these 2 shots. Which would you choose? Leave down your selected choice in the comment box below.



Both photos were post-process in Snapseed and further enhanced in Photoshop with Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 for that strong contrasty tonality.

No comments:

Post a Comment