Saturday, November 25, 2017

My New RICOH GR II

Two weeks ago, I got my hands on a new toy – RICOH GR II. Yes the most favourite compact point-n-shoot digital camera beloved by many street photographers. The main reason for getting this camera is that I want a small and unobtrusive camera for daily street shootings and to take up the task of shooting for my Not Quite Night project.


This camera is so light in weigh and yet feels so solid good on my palm. Its ergonomic design on the hand grip is comfortable and the furnishing is pretty nice too. I'm not doing a review here as there are many rave reviews on the internet and Youtube. After recharging the camera battery for 3.5 hours, I was so juiced up and hit the streets in the late evening for some low light shootings. Like a beginner with his first camera, I shot almost anything that caught my attention. Well, 99% of the street photos are failures and I'm still learning to master the shooting techniques as I'm used to shoot cameras with viewfinder. Two weeks later today, I never leave home without my GR II. I'm still learning and begin to get the hang out of it.

Below are a mixture of photos I made in the day and in low light condition. I must admit I really like this palm-size compact point-n-shoot camera. Make the jump to view them.







As I always shoot images in RAW format, the GR II comes in DNG (aka Digital Negative) format, which Adobe Photoshop supports. After some post-processing in Photoshop Camera RAW, I am really impressed by the results. So far I have been using my GR II for night street photography and I will be posting new night street photos on my Night Photography Blog every one-two days or on weekly weekend basis. Do check out my new night photo tonight at 10:10PM.

Will be posting more daylight street photos on this blog site. So do subscribe to my blog for new updates. Thank you for reading this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment